Cookie Dough Cheesecake
With a chocolate chip cookie crust and balls of edible cookie dough throughout the batter, each bite of this cheesecake is cookie dough heaven.
- Serves: 12 persons
- For the Chocolate Chip Cookie Crust:
- 1 ¾cups chocolate chip cookies (crushed)
- ⅓cup unsalted butter (melted)
- ¼cup granulated sugar
- For the Cookie Dough Cheesecake Filling:
- 8ounces refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough (about half of a prepared cookie dough log)
- 3(8-ounce) packages cream cheese (room temperature)
- 3large eggs (lightly beaten)
- 1(8-ounce) container sour cream
- 1cup granulated sugar
- 2teaspoons vanilla extract
- ¼teaspoon salt
- ½cup mini chocolate chips
- For the Cookie Dough Frosting:
- 4ounces cream cheese (softened)
- 4tablespoons unsalted butter ( softened )
- ¼cup powdered sugar
- 2tablespoons brown sugar (packed)
- ½teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½teaspoon salt
- ¼cup mini chocolate chips
- For the Garnish:
- 4chocolate chip cookies (halved)
Step 1Gather the ingredients.
Step 2In a small bowl, combine the chocolate chip cookie crumbs, butter, and sugar.
Step 3Press into the bottom of a greased 9-inch springform pan . Wrap the outside of the bottom of the pan in foil and set in the refrigerator to firm up while preparing the filling. Preheat the oven to 375 F.
Step 4Pinch off small amounts of the refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough and roll into balls. Place on a plate and set aside.
Step 5For the filling, combine the cream cheese, eggs, sour cream, granulated sugar, vanilla extract, and salt in a large mixing bowl. Beat until well blended and creamy.
Step 6Carefully pour half of the cheesecake filling onto the chilled crust. Sprinkle with 1/4 cup of the mini chocolate chips. Place half of the cookie dough balls on the filling.
Step 7Repeat by layering with the remaining batter, chocolate chips, and cookie dough balls. Bake for about 1 hour, or until the edges are set and the center is still slightly loose. The cake will have puffed and will tremble just slightly when shaken. Do not overbake. The cheesecake will settle and firm as it cools.
Step 8Cool the cheesecake on a wire rack until completely cool. Then, cover lightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least several hours or overnight.
Step 9When ready to serve, carefully unmold from the springform pan and prepare the cookie dough frosting. In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, butter, powdered sugar, brown sugar, vanilla, and salt until creamy and fluffy. Fold in the 1/2 cup of mini chocolate chips.
Step 10Dollop the frosting along the edges of the top of the cheesecake in 8 mounds and top each with a cookie half.
Step 11Serve immediately and enjoy!