This chicken quesadilla recipe is great to make for parties. Zesty chicken, cooked peppers, and melted cheese are a delightful combination. Cut into wedges and serve with sour cream and salsa.
- Serves: 40 persons
- 1pound skinless, boneless chicken breast, diced
- 1(1.27 ounce) packet fajita seasoning
- 1tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2green bell peppers, chopped
- 2red bell peppers, chopped
- 1onion, chopped
- 10(10 inch) flour tortillas
- 1(8 ounce) package shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1(8 ounce) package shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1tablespoon bacon bits
Step 1Preheat the broiler. Grease a baking sheet.
Step 2Toss chicken with fajita seasoning, then spread onto the baking sheet. Place under the broiler and cook until chicken is no longer pink in the center, about 5 minutes.
Step 3Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
Step 4Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Stir in bell peppers, onion, and broiled chicken. Cook and stir until vegetables have softened, about 10 minutes.
Step 5Layer half of each tortilla with chicken and vegetable mixture, Cheddar cheese, Monterey Jack cheese, and bacon bits. Fold tortillas in half and place onto a baking sheet.
Step 6Bake quesadillas in the preheated oven until cheeses have melted, about 10 minutes.
Step 7Cut each quesadilla into 4 wedges and serve.