Sour Cream and Cottage Cheese Creamy Potato Casserole
A potato casserole made with cream-style cottage cheese and sour cream, baked to perfection. It's an excellent choice for a potluck or dinner.
- Serves: 12 persons
- 5cups potatoes , diced in about 1/2-inch cubes;
- 2cups cottage cheese, cream-style
- 1cup reduced-fat sour cream
- ⅓cup green onions , chopped
- 1large clove garlic, minced
- 1 ½teaspoons salt
- ½cup shredded American cheese, or mild cheddar
- Optional: dash paprika
Step 1Gather the ingredients.
Step 2Cook the potatoes in boiling salted water just until tender, about 5 to 8 minutes.
Step 3In a large bowl combine the cream-style cottage cheese, sour cream, green onion, garlic, and salt.
Step 4Add the potatoes and stir gently to blend ingredients. Transfer the potato mixture to a greased 1 1/2-quart baking dish. Top with the shredded cheese and sprinkle paprika over the top of the potatoes, if using.
Step 5Bake at 350 F for 40 to 50 minutes, until hot and bubbly.