Easy Fried Cabbage
Easy to make fried cabbage makes a great side dish or throw some smoked sausage in there and make it a complete meal. Any way you have it, you'll be pleased.
- 2tablespoons grapeseed oil
- 1medium yellow onion, chopped
- 3cloves garlic, chopped
- 2teaspoons Cajun seasoning, or to taste, divided
- ½red bell pepper, sliced
- ½medium green bell pepper, sliced
- 1medium head cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1tablespoon butter, or more to taste
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
Step 1Heat grapeseed oil in a large cast iron skillet over medium heat. Add onions and cook until softened, about 3 minutes. Add garlic, stir, and cook until fragrant, 1 to 2 minutes. Season with 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning and stir to combine.
Step 2Mix in red and green bell peppers; cook for 1 to 2 minutes Add cabbage, remaining 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning, and stir to combine. Add butter and stir until melted. Simmer cabbage until it reaches desired softness, about 15 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.