Sweet Gorgonzola Fondue
Try serving this supremely creamy blue cheese fondue with apples, pears or grapes, and crusty cubes of French bread. It is divine, and it also comes together in about 15 minutes.
- Serves: 6 persons
- 1garlic clove, halved
- 1cup sweet wine, such as Passito di Pantelleria or Sauternes
- ¾pound Gorgonzola dolce or other blue cheese, such as Stilton, crumbled
- 2tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1tablespoon cream cheese
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Crusty bread, apple cubes or grapes, for serving
Step 1Rub cut side of garlic on inside of a large Dutch oven or a heavy-bottomed saucepan, rubbing the bottom and half way up the sides. Add wine and bring to a simmer over medium-high heat.
Step 2Meanwhile, in a large bowl, toss Gorgonzola with cornstarch. Add a quarter of the cheese into simmering wine; reduce heat to medium, and whisk constantly until cheese is completely melted. Repeat until all cheese has been added. Whisk in cream cheese. Season with salt and pepper. Serve with crusty bread, apple cubes and grapes.