Easy Veal Stew With Egg Noodles
This easy veal stew is incredibly tender and delicious served over egg noodles. Make this recipe for your next family dinner.
- Serves: 8 persons
- 3tablespoons olive oil
- 2 ½to 3 pounds boneless veal stew meat cut into 2-inch cubes
- 2tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 11-ounce package frozen, peeled pearl onions
- 3medium carrots, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 15-ounce can diced tomatoes with juice
- 1cup chicken broth
- 1teaspoon dried oregano
- 1teaspoon salt
- ½teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 2to 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 13-ounce package medium width egg noodles
Step 1In a 4-quart Dutch oven, heat the oil over medium-high heat.
Step 2Cook the veal in batches, lightly browning each piece on both sides. Remove to a bowl with a slotted spoon. Add more oil to the skillet between batches if necessary. Sprinkle the veal with the flour and toss until well-coated.
Step 3Add the onions, carrots, tomatoes with juice, chicken broth, oregano, salt, pepper, and lemon zest to the pot and stir to combine. Return the veal to the pot and stir well.
Step 4Bring the stew to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce the heat to low. Cover and simmer for 1 hour, or until the meat is tender.
Step 5Stir in the lemon juice and parsley. Simmer uncovered for 10 minutes more, or until heated through.
Step 6Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add the egg noodles and cook according to the package directions. Drain well. Serve the stew over the egg noodles.