Low-fat Vegan Pasta Salad Recipe
If you're looking for an almost fat-free pasta salad, this low-fat vegan recipe with Italian dressing, basil, and veggies is a healthy option.
- Serves: 6 persons
- 1 ½cups bowtie pasta (or corkscrew pasta)
- 1cup broccoli (chopped small)
- 1(12-ounce) can water-packed artichoke hearts (drained and chopped)
- 1purple onion (diced)
- 1red or yellow bell pepper (diced)
- 1(12-ounce) can green beans (drained and diced)
- 2medium-sized tomatoes (diced)
- ¼cup black olives (sliced)
- 2tablespoons fresh basil (chopped)
- ¾cup fat-free vegan Italian salad dressing
- Salt (to taste)
- Freshly ground pepper (to taste)
Step 1Gather the ingredients.
Step 2Cook the pasta according to package directions in salted water until al dente. Drain and allow to cool.
Step 3Lightly steam the broccoli, until just tender.
Step 4In a large bowl, toss together the pasta, broccoli and remaining ingredients and season to taste with salt and pepper.
Step 5Allow to marinate in the refrigerator at least one hour before serving. Toss again before serving.
Step 6Serve and enjoy!