Gluten Free Penne with Pistachio Pesto and Heirloom Tomato Salad
A delicious gluten free pasta salad with pistachio pesto and heirloom tomatoes.
- Serves: 6 persons
- 1(12 ounce) box Barilla Gluten Free Penne
- 2medium heirloom tomatoes, diced
- ½cup extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 10leaves fresh basil, chopped
- ½cup unsalted pistachios
- 1clove garlic, peeled and chopped
- ¼cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- ¼cup grated Romano cheese
- 3ice cubes
- Salt and black pepper to taste
Step 1Place diced tomatoes in a large mixing bowl and season with salt and pepper. Drizzle tomatoes with olive oil and set aside.
Step 2Bring a large pot of water to a boil, add salt. Cook pasta 1 minute less than required cooking time on package.
Step 3Combine basil, pistachio, garlic, Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese and romano cheese in a blender. Pulse on medium high for 15 seconds. Turn blender to medium speed and slowly drizzle in the remaining olive oil to emulsify the pesto. Add ice cubes and blend to combine. Pour pesto into a large mixing bowl.
Step 4Drain pasta and reserve 1/2 cup of the pasta cooking water. Add pasta and pasta cooking water to pesto.
Step 5Top with the heirloom tomatoes before serving.