Wild Mushroom and Pea Pasta
BelGioioso Mascarpone adds a creamy touch to this spring pasta.
- Serves: 4 persons
- 1(16 ounce) package orecchiette pasta
- 2tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3cups assorted wild mushrooms, cleaned and sliced
- 4each Roma tomatoes, diced
- 2cups frozen green peas
- ½cup heavy whipping cream
- 4ounces BelGioioso Mascarpone cheese
- 1cup BelGioioso Parmesan cheese, grated
- 16ounces BelGioioso Fresh Mozzarella cheese
- 1pinch Kosher salt
- ¼teaspoon Black pepper
Step 1Fill a large pot with lightly salted water and bring to a rolling boil. Stir in pasta and return to a boil. Cook pasta uncovered, stirring occasionally, until tender yet firm to the bite, 9 to 12 minutes. Drain and let cool.
Step 2In a large pan, heat butter over medium-high heat. Add sliced wild mushrooms and saute for 1 minute. Stir in Roma tomatoes and peas. Add heavy cream, Mascarpone, Parmesan, and Fresh Mozzarella. Stir to combine.
Step 3Toss pasta into the sauce and season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately.