Fancy Canned Cranberries
The ultimate high-low condiment your table didn’t know it was missing. These dressed-up canned cranberries become tart, juicy and a little bit savory thanks to some fresh citrus, thinly sliced red onion and a little flaky salt. With or without whole berries suspended in them? That’s dealer’s choice, but the rounds will be much easier to slice without them.
- Serves: 8 persons
- 2(14-ounce) cans jellied cranberry sauce
- 2tangerines, oranges or blood oranges, peeled and sliced into rounds, seeds removed
- ½small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1lemon, halved crosswise
- Flaky sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- ½cup mint or parsley leaves (optional)
Step 1Open the cans of jellied cranberries and slice the cylinders into 1/2-inch-thick rounds.
Step 2Scatter the rounds on a large platter, and top with citrus slices and a little thinly sliced red onion. Squeeze lemon juice over everything, and sprinkle with flaky salt, black pepper and mint, if using.