Slow Cooker Chicken Curry
This slow cooker chicken curry recipe couldn't be easier--the ingredients all go in at the same time and in just a few hours, dinner's ready! Serve over cauliflower rice sauteed with Indian spices, and garnish with fresh cilantro and a dollop of light sour cream.
- Serves: 12 persons
- 3pounds skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 2(14 ounce) cans coconut milk
- 2onions, diced
- 4tablespoons tomato paste
- 4tablespoons minced fresh garlic
- 4tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 1tablespoon ground cumin
- 1tablespoon ground turmeric
- 1tablespoon garam masala
- 1tablespoon ground coriander
- 1tablespoon curry powder
- 4bay leaves
- 1cinnamon stick
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
Step 1Add chicken, coconut milk, onions, tomato paste, garlic, ginger, cumin, turmeric, garam masala, coriander, curry powder, bay leaves, cinnamon stick, salt, and pepper to a slow cooker.
Step 2Cook on High until chicken is no longer pink in the center and the juices run clear, 2 to 3 hours. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 165 degrees F (74 degrees C). Remove and discard the bay leaves and cinnamon stick. Shred the chicken.