Thai Rice Salad with Three Herbs
The trio of mint, basil and cilantro, along with tangy-sweet seasoned rice vinegar, gives this refreshing salad its Thai orientation. Instead of white rice, we've used chewy short-grain brown rice.
- Serves: 8 persons
- ½cup NAKANO® Seasoned Rice Vinegar - Roasted Garlic
- 2tablespoons peanut oil or vegetable oil
- 1tablespoon soy sauce
- 1tablespoon brown sugar
- ½teaspoon hot chili oil
- 4cups cooked, chilled short-grain brown rice
- 1medium cucumber, seeded and sliced
- 2medium (4-1/8" long)s green onions, sliced
- ½cup shredded carrots
- ⅓cup chopped mint
- ⅓cup chopped basil
- ¼cup chopped cilantro
- 1lime, zested
Step 1In a 1-cup measuring cup, whisk together Nakano seasoned rice vinegar, peanut oil, soy sauce, brown sugar, and if desired, hot chili oil.
Step 2Add remaining ingredients to a large bowl. Pour dressing over and stir to combine.