Easy Tomato Rice Soup
Tomato rice soup is made with crushed tomatoes, water or chicken broth, celery, parsley, bay leaf, and other seasonings.
- Serves: 6 persons
- 1(28-ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 2cups vegetable broth (or chicken broth or water)
- ¼cup celery (with leaves, chopped)
- 1tablespoon parsley (chopped fresh, to taste)
- ½bay leaf
- ½teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- ⅛teaspoon black pepper (or to taste
- ¾cup rice (cooked)
Step 1Gather the ingredients.
Step 2In a large saucepan, combine the crushed tomatoes with the water or stock, celery, parsley, bay leaf, salt, and pepper.
Step 3Place the saucepan over medium-high heat and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes. At this point, if you want a smoother soup, process it in batches in a blender or food processor.
Step 4Add the cooked rice and lower the heat to medium-low.
Step 5Cook for about 5 minutes, or until hot and bubbling.
Step 6Remove the bay leaf.
Step 7Serve tomato soup with saltine crackers or crusty bread .