Middle Eastern Spiced Lamb Burgers With Feta and Labneh Recipe
Recipe for grilled lamb burgers spiced with cumin, coriander, and cinnamon, topped with labneh and feta cheese.
- Serves: 4 persons
- 1lb. ground lamb
- 1small onion (peeled and very small diced or grated)
- 1clove garlic (peeled and very finely minced or grated)
- 2tablespoons fresh parsley (chopped)
- 1teaspoon ground cumin
- ½teaspoon ground coriander
- ¼teaspoon ground cinnamon (or more to taste)
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- ¼cup labneh
- ¼cup crumbled feta cheese
- Garnish: baby spinach (or other greens) for topping
- 4seeded buns (or other favorite rolls, sliced in half)
Step 1In a large bowl, add the ground lamb, diced onion, minced garlic, chopped parsley, ground cumin, ground coriander, ground cinnamon, salt, and pepper. Mix together until thoroughly combined and form four individual patties.
Step 2Heat up your grill or a grill pan if cooking indoors. Place the burgers on the grill and cook for 4 minutes, flip and cook for an additional 4 minutes. That will give you a medium-rare burger and an internal temperature of about 160 degrees Fahrenheit. Cook for an additional minute or two if you'd like your burgers more well done.
Step 3Toast or grill the buns until lightly golden brown (optional) and spread about a tablespoon of labneh on the bottom half of each bun. Place a cooked burger over the labneh, top with the lettuce or green of your choice and sprinkle the crumbled feta cheese over it. top with the remaining half of the bun and serve hot.