Mango Mai Tai
Summer is the season for mai tais, and this mango mai tai recipe gives the popular rum cocktail a tropical fruit twist with fresh mango.
- Serves: 1 person
- ½cup diced fresh mango, from 1/2 mango
- ¼ounce orgeat syrup
- 1 ½aged rum
- ½ounce orange curaçao liqueur
- ½ounce freshly squeezed lime juice
- ¼ounce pineapple juice
- Mango slices, for garnish
- Fresh mint sprig, for optional garnish
Step 1Gather the ingredients.
Step 2In a cocktail shaker, muddle the mango and orgeat syrup until the fruit is broken up and well-juiced.
Step 3Add the rum, orange curaçao, and lime and pineapple juices. Fill the shaker with ice.
Step 4Shake vigorously for at least 30 seconds.
Step 5Strain into an old-fashioned glass over crushed ice.
Step 6Garnish with mango slices and a sprig of fresh mint (if using). Serve and enjoy.