Hash Brown, Blue Cheese, and Spinach Stuffed Mushrooms
I accidentally came up with this recipe when one of my vegetarian friends showed up to my all meat BBQ. Ever since then it has been a hit at every party and the most requested appetizer! If you double the recipe it can make about 100 stuffed mushrooms. Best served warm!
- Serves: 40 persons
- 30large button mushrooms, stemmed
- 2tablespoons olive oil
- 2cups shredded hash brown potatoes
- 1cup chopped fresh spinach
- ⅓cup sour cream
- ¼cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- ¼cup crumbled blue cheese
- 2tablespoons diced jalapeno peppers, or more to taste
- 1teaspoon dried minced onion
- ¾teaspoon garlic powder
- ½teaspoon onion powder
- ½teaspoon sea salt
- 2tablespoons shredded sharp Cheddar cheese, or more to taste
Step 1Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
Step 2Clean mushrooms and brush with olive oil.
Step 3Combine hash browns, spinach, sour cream, 1/4 cup Cheddar cheese, blue cheese, jalapeno peppers, onion, garlic powder, onion powder, and salt in a bowl; mix until thoroughly combined.
Step 4Pack a heaped tablespoon hash brown mixture into each mushroom and transfer to the prepared baking sheet.
Step 5Bake in the preheated oven for 25 minutes.
Step 6Remove from the oven and immediately sprinkle remaining Cheddar over top.