Sausage Bites in Sweet and Tangy Barbecue Sauce
This easy slow cooker barbecue sausage recipe is flavored with a simple homemade barbecue sauce, onions, and peppers. Add pineapple if you like.
- Serves: 8 persons
- 1to 2 pounds fully cooked smoked sausage (chicken-apple sausage, andouille, kielbasa, cocktail wieners, etc.)
- 1medium onion (cut into chunks or sliced)
- Optional: 1 green bell pepper (seeded and cut into squares)
- For the Sweet and Tangy Barbecue Sauce:
- ½cup brown sugar
- ½cup ketchup or chili sauce
- 1tablespoon cider vinegar or white vinegar
- 1tablespoon prepared regular or Dijon mustard
- 1tablespoon soy sauce or tamari
- 1teaspoon garlic powder
- 1tablespoon butter (melted)
Step 1Gather the ingredients.
Step 2Cut the sausage into 1-inch to 2-inch lengths and transfer them to the slow cooker crockery insert. Add the onion chunks and pepper squares, if using.
Step 3Combine the brown sugar, ketchup, vinegar, mustard, soy sauce, garlic powder, and melted butter. Pour the mixture over the sausage and vegetables.
Step 4Stir to coat all of the sausage pieces.
Step 5Cover and cook for 4 to 6 hours on LOW.
Step 6Serve and enjoy!