Keto Cheeseburger Casserole
Enjoy all of the flavors of cheeseburger casserole without the carbs. Ground beef and cheese are topped with ketchup and mustard for a fun main dish.
- Serves: 6 persons
- 1 ½pounds ground beef
- ½yellow onion (diced)
- 2garlic cloves (minced)
- 3ounces cream cheese (cubed)
- 2tablespoons pickle relish (drained)
- 2teaspoons yellow mustard
- 2teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- ¾teaspoon kosher salt (or to taste)
- ½teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼cup heavy cream (or half-and-half)
- 6ounces cheddar cheese (shredded)
- Toppings: low-sugar ketchup, mustard, pickles
Step 1Gather the ingredients. Preheat the oven to 350 F and lightly grease a 2 or 2 1/2-quart casserole dish.
Step 2Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add the ground beef, onion, and garlic. Sauté, breaking up the meat, until browned, about 5 minutes. Drain the fat.
Step 3Return the skillet to the stovetop and reduce the heat to low. Add the cream cheese, relish, mustard, Worcestershire, salt, and pepper. Stir until the cream cheese is melted. Remove from the heat.
Step 4In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs and cream. Add to the warm (not hot) beef mixture and mix.
Step 5Add the mixture to the prepared casserole dish and top with the cheddar cheese. Bake until bubbly and the eggs are cooked through in the center, about 30 minutes.
Step 6Serve warm and top with ketchup, mustard, and pickles.