Debra's Tomato Salad
This is a refreshing and colorful salad to display your fresh tomatoes.
- Serves: 8 persons
- 8large tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 2red onions - cut into wedges and separated
- 2yellow onions - cut into wedges and separated
- 2cucumbers, peeled and diced
- 1cup olive oil
- ¼cup red wine vinegar
- 1teaspoon white sugar
- 1tablespoon minced garlic
- 2teaspoons minced fresh oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1head romaine lettuce, torn into bite-size pieces
- 2hard-cooked eggs, sliced
- 8anchovy filets
Step 1In a large bowl, combine tomatoes, red onions, yellow onions, and cucumbers. Mix together olive oil, vinegar, sugar, garlic, oregano, salt, and pepper. Pour dressing over tomato mixture, and toss to coat evenly. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
Step 2Arrange lettuce on plates, and place marinated tomato salad on top. Garnish with egg slices and anchovies (optional).