Five-Spice Pork With Bok Choy and Green Onions Recipe
Five-spice powder infuses this pork recipe with an intense flavor in this easy five-spice pork stir-fry. Five spices do all the work in this dish.
- Serves: 4 persons
- 1tablespoon soy sauce
- 1tablespoon dry sherry or Shaoxing rice wine
- 1teaspoon five-spice powder
- 1teaspoon cornstarch
- 8ounces boneless pork (such as loin or tenderloin) thinly sliced
- 1tablespoon chicken stock or water
- 1teaspoon brown sugar or granulated sugar
- 1teaspoon salt or to taste
- 2tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2tablespoons chopped garlic
- 1cup chopped bok choy
- 3tablespoons chopped green onions
Step 1Gather the ingredients.
Step 2In a bowl, combine soy sauce , sherry, five-spice powder , and cornstarch and stir well into a smooth sauce.
Step 3Add pork and stir to coat evenly. Set aside for 10 minutes.
Step 4In a small bowl, combine chicken stock , sugar, and salt and stir well. Set aside.
Step 5Heat a wok or a large deep skillet over high heat. Add oil and swirl to coat the pan. Add garlic and toss well, until fragrant, about 15 seconds.
Step 6Add pork mixture and spread into a single layer. Cook, undisturbed, until edges, change color, about 30 seconds. Toss well. Cook, tossing occasionally, until no longer pink, about 1 minute more.
Step 7Add bok choy and toss well. Add chicken stock mixture and cook, tossing occasionally, until pork is cooked through, 1 to 2 minutes more.
Step 8Add green onions and toss well. Transfer to a serving plate. Serve hot or warm.