Lemon-Herb Buttermilk Dressing
Packed with herbs and plenty of lemon, this quick buttermilk dressing can be considered a brighter, lighter cousin of ranch. It's terrific in grain bowls, for salads or even as a sauce for poached, sautéed or grilled fish.
- Serves: 1 person
- 1cup buttermilk
- 3tablespoons sour cream
- 4teaspoons lemon juice, or to taste
- 2tablespoons olive oil, or to taste
- Black pepper
- 1teaspoon finely minced thyme leaves (from about 5 sprigs)
- 1 ½tablespoons finely minced fresh basil (about 10 large leaves)
- 3tablespoons minced chives
Step 1In a small bowl, whisk together the buttermilk and sour cream. Whisk in the lemon juice and olive oil, and season to taste with salt and plenty of black pepper. Stir in the thyme, basil and chives.