Garlic and Thyme Roasted Spring Vegetables
Roasted with garlic and fresh thyme make a great antipasto addition, side dish, or salad topping, giving this dish a burst of flavor.
- Serves: 4 persons
- 2pounds baby potatoes, scrubbed and halved if small, quartered if large
- 4carrots, peeled and sliced
- 2large parsnips, peeled, core removed and sliced
- 3tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- Salt, to taste
- 3large cloves garlic, peeled and finely chopped
- 4to 6 sprigs fresh thyme, de-stemmed
Step 1Gather the ingredients.
Step 2Preheat the oven to 425 F. Place the potatoes, carrots, and parsnips in a single layer in a large roasting pan or rimmed baking sheet. Drizzle the vegetables with olive oil, season with pepper and salt, and toss with clean hands or a large spoon to coat the vegetables evenly with the oil and seasonings.
Step 3Roast the vegetables in the preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes, until the undersides begin to brown and the vegetables start to soften. Turn the vegetables with a spatula or spoon, and roast for 10 minutes more.
Step 4Add the garlic and thyme leaves, toss to coat, and roast for 5 to 10 more minutes, until vegetables reach desired doneness.