White Bean Hummus With Tahini and Coriander
Coriander seeds add a welcome aroma to this white bean dip, rich with tahini and bright with lemon juice. The miso paste is optional, but it gives the mellow white beans a nice savory depth.
- Serves: 2 persons
- 1garlic clove
- 1(15-ounce) can white cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- ¼cup tahini
- 5tablespoons fresh lemon juice (from 1 large lemon)
- 2teaspoons coriander seeds, coarsely ground, or 1 1/2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 2teaspoons white miso paste (optional)
- Kosher salt
- ¼cup extra-virgin olive oil
Step 1Pulse the garlic in a food processor until minced.
Step 2Scrape the bowl and add the beans, tahini, lemon juice, coriander, miso (if using) and 1 teaspoon salt. Pulse until smooth, scraping the bowl occasionally. With the machine running, add the olive oil. Season to taste with salt.