Corn Salad with Arugula
This is a wonderful way to use canned corn in a crowd-pleasing yet sophisticated salad. Be sure to use the soft goat cheese that comes in a log or pyramid. That way, you can slice it and your guests can choose as much as they want. Another tip is to mix the corn, onion, and dressing beforehand in a plastic container and give it a quick shake before assembling your salad. This makes it perfect for potlucks!
- Serves: 4 persons
- 3tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1(11 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- ½cup finely chopped sweet onion
- 3cups baby arugula
- 2ounces goat cheese, cut into 1/2-inch slices - or more to taste
Step 1Whisk olive oil, vinegar, salt, and pepper together in a large bowl. Mix corn and onion into the balsamic dressing. Refrigerate for flavors to blend, about 30 minutes.
Step 2Spread arugula onto a serving plate; top with corn mixture and goat cheese slices.