Chunky Cranberry Sauce
Of course, you could buy fresh cranberries and clean them carefully, but if you start with canned whole berry cranberry sauce and add some fresh ingredients, it will taste just as good!
- Serves: 6 persons
- 1(14-ounce) can whole berry cranberry sauce (I use Ocean Spray)
- ½Granny Smith apple, peeled and grated
- ½teaspoon grated orange zest
- 3tablespoons freshly squeezed orange juice
- ¼cup walnuts or pecans, large-diced
- ¼cup raisins
Step 1Place the cranberry sauce in a small saucepan over medium-low heat. Add the apple, orange zest and orange juice, bring to a boil, lower the heat and simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Step 2Off the heat, stir in the walnuts and raisins. Transfer to a bowl and chill. Serve cold or at room temperature.