Potato Bake With Garlic and Parmesan Cheese
This wonderful crusty potato bake is made with sliced potatoes, butter, and Parmesan cheese. Garlic and parsley add flavor and color.
- Serves: 6 persons
- 1 ½to 2 pounds potatoes (peeled and thinly sliced)
- 4tablespoons melted butte r, divided
- 2tablespoons minced onion
- 1tablespoon freshly chopped parsley
- ½teaspoon garlic powder or 1 large clove of garlic, pressed
- ½teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ½cup good quality grated Parmesan cheese, divided
Step 1Gather the ingredients.
Step 2Preheat oven to 375 F. Put sliced potatoes in a bowl. Add 3 tablespoons of the melted butter, onion, parsley, garlic powder or pressed garlic, salt, pepper, and half of the cheese. Toss to blend ingredients and coat potatoes thoroughly.
Step 3Brush remaining tablespoon of butter overr the bottom sides of a 9-inch pie plate.
Step 4Arrange sliced potatoes in plate and then sprinkle remaining Parmesan cheese evenly over potatoes.
Step 5Bake potatoes for 50 to 60 minutes, or until top is golden brown and potatoes are tender. After about 45 minutes, check for over-browning. Tent with a sheet of foil if necessary.