Bacon-Wrapped Jamaican Jerk Pork Tenderloin
A zesty, flavorful take on an old favorite. Very easy to make in about an hour's time! You could also top with diced jalapeno peppers, if desired.
- Serves: 4 persons
- 2tablespoons brown sugar
- 2tablespoons Jamaican jerk seasoning
- 1teaspoon ground paprika
- 1teaspoon ground thyme
- ½teaspoon dried oregano
- ½teaspoon seafood seasoning (such as Old Bay®)
- 1pinch crushed red pepper, or to taste
- 1(1 1/2 pound) pork tenderloin
- 4slices bacon, or more to taste
- 1tablespoon olive oil, or more as needed
- ½medium sweet onion, diced
Step 1Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
Step 2Combine brown sugar, jerk seasoning, paprika, thyme, oregano, seafood seasoning, and crushed red pepper in a bowl; rub generously all over the tenderloin. Wrap with bacon and secure with toothpicks. Coat lightly with oil and place in a loaf pan or casserole dish. Sprinkle any remaining spice rub on top, cover with some diced onion, and surround with remaining onion.
Step 3Bake, uncovered, in the preheated oven until pork is slightly pink in the center, 45 to 60 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 145 degrees F (63 degrees C).