Million Dollar Chicken Casserole
Creamy and incredibly savory, it's a casserole that's hard to stop eating. The cottage cheese is the trick to getting such a creamy, melty texture. Using rotisserie chicken is a must for the recipe and helps keep it quick.
- 1(10.5 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1cup cottage cheese
- ½cup sour cream
- 4ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1½ teaspoons Creole seasoning
- ½teaspoon onion powder
- 1teaspoon garlic powder, divided
- 5cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1cup finely chopped yellow onion
- 1tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 30buttery round crackers (such as Ritz®), crushed
- 4tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1teaspoon sliced scallions, or to taste
Step 1Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
Step 2Stir together cream of chicken soup, cottage cheese, sour cream, cream cheese, Creole seasoning, onion powder, and 1/2 teaspoon of the garlic powder in a medium bowl until well blended and smooth. Fold in chicken, chopped onion, and parsley until evenly coated.
Step 3Stir together crackers, melted butter, and remaining 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder in a medium bowl.
Step 4Spoon chicken mixture evenly into an 11x7-inch or 9-inch square baking dish. Sprinkle evenly with mozzarella then cracker mixture.
Step 5Place on a foil-lined baking sheet and bake in the preheated oven until crackers are golden brown and edges are bubbly, about 40 minutes. Cool for 10 minutes before serving; garnish with scallions if desired.