Peachy Broccoli Chicken
This is a great recipe. It's delicious and a whole meal in one serving!
- Serves: 4 persons
- 1cup uncooked long grain white rice
- 2cups water
- 1tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1(15 ounce) can peaches in light syrup, diced, syrup reserved
- 1(10 ounce) package frozen broccoli florets
- 2tablespoons boiling water
Step 1In a pot, bring the rice and water to a boil. Cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer 20 minutes.
Step 2Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat, and cook the chicken 8 minutes on each side, or until juices run clear. Season with salt and pepper. Remove from skillet, and cut into bite-size pieces.
Step 3Place the peaches and syrup in the skillet, and cook 15 minutes, until syrup is reduced by about 1/2 and thickened.
Step 4Place the broccoli and water in a microwave-safe dish, cover, and cook 5 minutes on High in the microwave, or until tender.
Step 5Return the chicken to the skillet with the peaches. Mix in the broccoli, and continue cooking 5 minutes, until heated through and coated with the syrup. Serve over the cooked rice.