Ranch Chicken Casserole with Bacon
I made this casserole recipe up and my kids love it! Chicken melds with lots of flavors like bacon, ranch, and Colby Jack to make a yummy feast for the whole family.
- Serves: 1 person
- 1(12 ounce) package wide egg noodles
- 1pound bacon
- 2tablespoons olive oil
- 4skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1tablespoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1(16 ounce) container fat-free sour cream
- 1(10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1cup milk
- 1(1 ounce) package ranch dressing mix (such as Lipton® Recipe Secrets®)
- 1½ cups shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- 2green onions, diced
Step 1Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
Step 2Fill a large pot with lightly salted water and bring to a rapid boil. Cook egg noodles at a boil until tender yet firm to the bite, 7 to 9 minutes.
Step 3Meanwhile, place bacon in a large skillet and cook over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, until evenly browned, about 10 minutes. Drain bacon slices on paper towels. Crumble.
Step 4Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Place chicken in the hot skillet, sprinkle with lemon-pepper, and brown on all sides, 5 to 7 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon and place in a 9x13-inch baking dish.
Step 5Combine 1/2 of the crumbled bacon, sour cream, soup, milk, and ranch dressing mix in a bowl and mix until blended. Pour over chicken, add drained egg noodles, and stir. Sprinkle remaining bacon on top, cover with Colby-Jack cheese, and top with green onions.
Step 6Bake in the preheated oven until cheese is melted and chicken is no longer pink in the center, about 30 minutes.