Iced Cinnamon Roll Cookies
All the enjoyment of a cinnamon roll in a cookie!
- Serves: 18 persons
- ¾cup brown sugar
- ½cup unsalted light butter
- 1tablespoon granular no-calorie sucralose sweetener (such as Splenda®)
- 1large egg
- 1teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼teaspoon baking powder
- 2cups all-purpose flour
- 1large egg white
- 1tablespoon powdered sugar
- ½teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½teaspoon granular no-calorie sucralose sweetener (such as Splenda®)
- 1cup powdered sugar, or as needed
- 1tablespoon skim milk, or as needed
- ¼teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1pinch ground cinnamon
Step 1Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease a cookie sheet.
Step 2Beat brown sugar, butter, and sweetener together in a bowl with an electric mixer until smooth. Add egg, vanilla, cinnamon, and baking powder; mix well. Gradually stir in flour; the mixture will be slightly sticky.
Step 3Flour your hands and roll and pinch dough into 18 logs; transfer to the prepared cookie sheet forming each log into a cinnamon roll shape.
Step 4Prepare cookie top coat: Put egg white in a small bowl. Mix powdered sugar, cinnamon, and sweetener together in a second bowl. Brush egg white on top of each cookie, then apply sugar topping.
Step 5Bake in the preheated oven for 7 minutes. Cookies will be slightly soft when they comes out; you want them like this. Let stand for 5 minutes.
Step 6Meanwhile, prepare icing: Mix 1 cup powdered sugar, 1 tablespoon milk, vanilla, and cinnamon in a pot over low heat. Stir until melted and combined; you can play with the consistency by adding more sugar or milk.
Step 7Drizzle icing over cookies and let sit for 3 minutes before serving.