Forget shop-bought garlic mayo and make your own, ideal for dipping or to use in your favourite recipes. You can adjust the garlic to suit your taste
- Serves: 300 persons
- 2egg yolks, preferably free range
- 175ml rapeseed, sunflower oil or half sunflower, half olive oil
- 1-3 garlic cloves crushed (depending on how strong you want it)
- ¼tsp Dijon mustard (optional)
- ½tsp white wine vinegar (optional)
Step 1Put the egg yolks in a mixing bowl and lightly whisk, then add the oil, a short drizzle at a time while continuing to whisk. This technique is important because the oil and egg will otherwise not emulsify. Mix in the garlic, mustard and vinegar, if using, and ¼ tsp salt. Taste and adjust the seasoning if needed. Will keep chilled in a jar for up to three days.