Chicken, mango & noodle salad
Enjoy this no-cook chicken noodle salad with mango for a quick and nutritious supper. It uses leftover chicken, so is perfect the day after a Sunday roast
- Serves: 4 persons
- 200g vermicelli rice noodles (check it’s gluten-free, if needed)
- 2limes, juiced, plus wedges to serve (optional)
- 1tbsp fish sauce
- 1tbsp honey, plus 1 tsp
- 1tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 320g leftover roast chicken, shredded
- 2ripe mangoes, stoned, peeled and cut into thin slices
- 20g coriander, roughly chopped
- 2red chillies, seeds removed and thinly sliced
Step 1Put the noodles in a heatproof bowl, cover with boiling water and leave for 15 mins to soften. Meanwhile, combine the lime juice, fish sauce, honey and sesame oil in a small bowl and whisk together.
Step 2Drain and rinse the noodles briefly under cold water. Drain again and tip into a large bowl along with the remaining ingredients, except the lime wedges. Pour over the dressing and toss together with seasoning to taste. Divide between four plates and serve with the lime wedges on the side, if you like.