Olive, cauliflower & harissa pasta
Harissa adds colour and warmth to this vegan midweek pasta dish, with fried cauliflower, green olives and parsley. Add more harissa, if you like it spicy
- Serves: 2 persons
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 1small cauliflower, broken into small florets, stalks and leaves finely chopped
- 1tbsp tomato purée
- 200g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2garlic cloves, crushed
- 25g pitted green olives, halved
- 2tbsp rose harissa
- 150g dairy-free wholemeal pasta of your choice (such as pappardelle; gluten-free if needed)
- small handful of parsley, finely chopped
Step 1Heat the oil in a large frying pan over a medium-high heat and tip in the cauliflower florets, stalks and leaves. Season, cover and fry for 8-10 mins, shaking the pan now and then, until lightly browned and softened. Stir the tomato purée and tomatoes, cover and cook for 5 mins more until the tomatoes have burst. Add the garlic, olives and harissa, and cook for 2-3 mins until fragrant.
Step 2Meanwhile, cook the pasta following pack instructions. Drain, reserving a mugful of the water. Stir the pasta and a splash of the water into the tomato mixture. Season, scatter over the parsley and serve.