Apricot Crumble Cake
Yummy moist cake, with apricots and crumble!
- Serves: 1 person
- ¾cup white sugar
- ½cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2large eggs
- 2½ cups self-rising flour
- 1¼ cups milk
- 1teaspoon white vinegar
- 1teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6apricots fresh apricots, pitted and halved, or more to taste
- 1cup all-purpose flour
- ¾cup superfine (castor) sugar
- ½cup salted butter, softened, cut into cubes
Step 1Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 7x11-inch rectangular baking dish and line with parchment paper.
Step 2Beat white sugar, butter, and eggs together in a bowl with an electric mixer. Add self-rising flour, milk, vinegar, and vanilla extract and stir with spoon. Pour into the prepared dish. Cover with apricots, pitted-sides down.
Step 3Place all-purpose flour, superfine sugar, and cubed butter into a bowl. Rub butter into flour and sugar with your fingertips until crumbles form. Sprinkle topping evenly over the apricots.
Step 4Bake in the preheated oven until golden and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 40 minutes.