Carol's Chicken Salad
My friend Carol is a wonderful cook, and this recipe is a '10.' By far the best chicken salad I have tasted.
- Serves: 9 persons
- ½cup mayonnaise
- ½teaspoon salt
- ¾teaspoon poultry seasoning
- ¼teaspoon onion powder
- ¼teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1tablespoon lemon juice
- 3cups diced, cooked chicken breast meat
- ½cup finely chopped celery
- ½cup chopped green onions
- 1(8 ounce) can water chestnuts, drained and chopped
- 1½ cups diced Swiss cheese
- 1½ cups halved green grapes
Step 1In a medium bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, salt, poultry seasoning, onion powder, garlic powder, pepper, and lemon juice.
Step 2In a large bowl, toss together the chicken, celery, green onions, water chestnuts, Swiss cheese, and grapes. Add the mayonnaise mixture, and stir to coat. Chill until serving.