Tasty Low-Carb Egg and Vegetable Saute
Very quick and easy fried eggs with sauteed vegetables. Protein-filled with nutritious vegetables and very little carbs for those, like me, who are always watching their weight.
- Serves: 1 person
- 1teaspoon vegetable oil, or as needed
- 4stalks asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1shallot, sliced
- ¼green bell pepper, chopped
- ¼Chinese okra, peeled and cut crosswise into chunks
- 4grape tomatoes, halved
- ¼teaspoon salt
- ¼teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼teaspoon ground white pepper
- ¼teaspoon chile powder
- ¼teaspoon ground cumin
- 2eggs, beaten
- 6leaves Thai basil, or to taste
Step 1Heat oil in a saute pan over medium-high heat. Saute asparagus, shallot, green pepper, and Chinese okra until shallot is translucent, 5 to 7 minutes. Add tomatoes, salt, black pepper, garlic powder, white pepper, chile powder, and cumin. Cook and stir until spices smell toasted, 1 to 2 minutes.
Step 2Pour eggs into the pan; cook until edges start to dry, about 2 minutes. Flip mixture over and cook until set, 2 to 3 minutes more. Transfer to a plate and sprinkle Thai basil on top.