Copycat Cracker Barrel Hash Brown Casserole
Creamy, cheesy, easy, and the star of the breakfast, brunch, or dinner table. Comfort food at its finest!
- Serves: 1 person
- cooking spray
- 1(30 ounce) package frozen shredded hash browns, thawed
- 2½ cups shredded Colby cheese, divided
- 1(10.5 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 8ounces sour cream
- ⅔cup finely chopped onion
- ¼cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1large egg, beaten
- ½teaspoon garlic powder
- ½teaspoon salt
- ½teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- chopped parsley for garnish (optional)
Step 1Preheat the over to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Spray a 9x13-inch casserole dish with cooking spray.
Step 2Drain defrosted hash browns well (I used a salad spinner). Combine drained hash browns, 2 cups Colby cheese, cream of chicken soup, sour cream, onion, butter, egg, garlic powder, salt, and pepper in a large bowl.
Step 3Spoon the mixture into the casserole dish, and sprinkle the remaining 1/2 cup of cheese over the top.
Step 4Bake in the preheated oven until cheese is melted and starts to brown, 45 to 55 minutes.
Step 5Garnish with chopped parsley and serve hot.