Michael Jordan's 23 Delmonico Steak
23 is Michael Jordan's famous Chicago restaurant. This is their recipe for the Delmonico Steak. A fantastically grilled rib-eye.
- Serves: 4 persons
- 4(14-ounce) rib-eye steaks
- 2portobello mushrooms, stems and gills removed
- 12sun-dried tomatoes
- 4fresh rosemary sprigs
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Steak Sauce:
- 1cup beef stock
- ½cup/ balsamic vinegar
- ¼cup fresh ginger, finely chopped
- ¼cup shallots, finely chopped
- ¼cup carrots, finely chopped
- ¼cup celery, finely chopped
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Step 1Gather the ingredients.
Step 2Combine ginger, shallots, carrots, and celery in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Sauté until browned slightly.
Step 3Slowly pour in balsamic vinegar , stirring. Reduce by 1/2 and add beef broth. Bring to a boil. Season to taste.
Step 4Meanwhile, preheat grill. Season steaks on both sides and place on grill . Season mushrooms with salt and pepper and place on grill. Grill steak to desired doneness and cook mushrooms until tender. Remove everything from the grill.
Step 5Cut mushrooms into small triangles. Skewer mushroom pieces with sun-dried tomatoes onto rosemary sprigs.
Step 6Place grilled steak on a plate. Top with rosemary skewers and sauce. Serve.