Sausage and Apple Stuffed French Toast
An apple stuffed French toast recipe with maple-flavored syrup, Granny Smith apple slices and sausage patties--perfect as a breakfast for dinner option.
- Serves: 4 persons
- ½cup Egg Beaters® Original
- 1½ cups Reddi-wip® Original Dairy Whipped Topping
- 1(6.4 ounce) package Banquet® Brown 'N Serve™ Original Sausage patties
- ¼cup maple-flavored syrup
- 8slices whole-grain white bread
- 1medium Granny Smith apple, peeled, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 2tablespoons Parkay® Original Spread - tub
Step 1Whisk together Egg Beaters and Reddi-wip in large shallow dish; set aside.
Step 2Heat sausage in microwave according to package directions. Meanwhile, spread syrup evenly over bread. Top each of 4 bread slices with 1/4 of the apple and 2 sausage patties. Top with remaining 4 bread slices, syrup-side down, to make sandwiches.
Step 3Melt 1 tablespoon Parkay in 12-inch nonstick skillet or large griddle over medium heat. Carefully dip 2 sandwiches, 1 at a time, in Egg Beaters mixture, coating both sides. Place in skillet; cook 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Repeat with remaining Parkay, Egg Beaters mixture and sandwiches. Cut each in half to serve. Top with additional syrup, if desired.