Spicy Veggie and White Bean Quinoa
This quinoa dish is easy, tasty, and very adaptable. You can change the veggies to just about anything you like and step up the heat if you like it spicy. Virtually impossible to mess it up! Serve hot or cold and top with hot sauce (such as Secret Aardvark™ Habanero Hot Sauce).
- Serves: 4 persons
- 2tablespoons olive oil
- 1cup matchstick-cut carrots
- 3stalks celery, chopped
- 1yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1small red onion, chopped
- 1(10 ounce) can white beans, drained and rinsed
- 1(10 ounce) can diced tomatoes, with liquid
- 1cup vegetable broth
- 1cup quinoa
- 4ounces hot giardiniera
- 1teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
Step 1Heat oil in a deep pan over medium-high heat. Saute carrots, celery, bell pepper, and onion until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Add beans, tomatoes, broth, quinoa, giardiniera, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil. Turn down to a simmer and cook until most of the liquid has been absorbed, about 20 minutes.