Burrata Roasted Vegetable Pasta
Burrata adds an extra creamy goodness to this pasta recipe.
- Serves: 1 person
- 1cup balsamic vinegar
- 16ounces fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 8ounces button mushrooms, quartered
- 16ounces Roma tomatoes, quartered
- 16ounces small zucchini squash, sliced thinly lengthwise
- 1small bunch Italian parsley, chopped
- 1cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3cloves garlic, crushed
- 2tablespoons kosher salt
- 2tablespoons cracked black pepper
- 1(16 ounce) package gemelli pasta
- 1leaf Fresh basil leaves, torn into small pieces
- 8ounces BelGioioso burrata cheese, sliced
Step 1Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. In a large saucepan over high heat, boil balsamic vinegar until it is reduced to half. Remove from heat and let cool.
Step 2In a large bowl, combine asparagus, mushrooms, tomatoes, zucchini, parsley, olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper. Toss to incorporate olive oil. Place vegetables onto a large sheet pan and bake for 10-12 minutes, stirring halfway through.
Step 3Meanwhile, fill a large pot with lightly salted water and bring to a rolling boil. Stir in pasta and return to a boil. Cook pasta uncovered, stirring occasionally, until tender yet firm to the bite, 12 to 13 minutes.
Step 4Remove vegetables from oven and let cool. Drizzle with reduced balsamic to taste. Add more salt and pepper if desired.
Step 5Toss cooked pasta with fresh basil and olive oil and place into serving bowls. Top with roasted vegetable mixture. Place sliced Burrata on top of vegetables, drizzle with olive oil, and garnish with fresh basil.