Onions in Raisin Sauce
Worth the time it takes to prepare. Nice for a dinner party.
- Serves: 8 persons
- 1½ teaspoons olive oil
- ¾pound pearl onions, peeled
- 2cloves garlic, minced
- ⅓cup dry white wine
- 1cup beef broth
- 2tablespoons tomato paste
- 2tablespoons raisins
- ½teaspoon grated orange zest
- ¼teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
- ⅛teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1tablespoon minced fresh parsley
Step 1Heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Saute onions until golden, about 7 minutes.
Step 2Stir in garlic, wine, broth, tomato paste, raisins, orange zest, thyme, black pepper and parsley. Simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes, stirring often. When onions are tender increase the heat to high and cook, stirring constantly, until sauce thickens, about 3 minutes.