Tropical Ice Cream Sandwiches
Delicious combo of fruit, mango sorbet and cake.
- Serves: 8 persons
- 16slices pound cake
- 1(16 ounce) container mango sorbet, softened
- ½cup granular no-calorie sucralose sweetener (e.g., Splenda ®)
- 1lime, juiced
- 1(10 ounce) can coconut milk
- 1pint blueberries
- 1mango, cubed
- 1pint strawberries, hulled and quartered
- 2fresh peaches, sliced
- sweetened whipped cream
- 8sprigs fresh mint for garnish
Step 1Make 8 sandwiches, using 2 slices of pound cake and 1/4 cup softened mango sorbet each. Wrap each sandwich tightly with plastic wrap, and freeze for 2 hours.
Step 2Dissolve sweetener in lime juice and coconut milk; toss with blueberries, mango, strawberries, and peach slices.
Step 3To serve, unwrap the sandwiches and place each onto a dessert plate. Top with a mound of fruit and garnish with whipped cream and a mint sprig.