Creamy Chocolate Frosting
This milk chocolate frosting is smooth, creamy, and not too dark. I've been using this chocolate frosting recipe forever, and several friends now use it as their "favorite frosting!" I just wanted to share it with chocolate lovers everywhere! It will frost, but not fill, an 8- or 9-inch cake.
- 2¾ cups confectioners' sugar
- 6tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 6tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 5tablespoons evaporated milk
- 1teaspoon vanilla extract
Step 1Sift together confectioners' sugar and cocoa powder in a medium bowl.
Step 2Cream butter in a large bowl until smooth. Gradually beat in sugar mixture alternately with evaporated milk. Blend in vanilla.
Step 3Beat mixture on high speed until light and fluffy. Adjust consistency with more milk or sugar, if desired.