Potato frittata with pepper salsa
Tuck into this healthy veggie lunch of potato frittata, salsa and added chilli to boost your energy
- Serves: 4 persons
- 1kg even-sized potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2red chillies
- 3garlic cloves, finely grated
- 4handfuls of rocket
- 1tsp rapeseed oil , plus extra for the dish
- 2red peppers, halved and deseeded
- 325g can sweetcorn, drained
- 1red onion, finely chopped
- handful of basil (about 10g), roughly chopped
- ½tsp lime zest and 1 tbsp juice
Step 1Heat the oven to 220C/200C fan/gas 7. Boil the potatoes for 5 mins until just cooked, then drain. Meanwhile, beat the eggs in a bowl with the chillies, garlic and lots of black pepper. For the salsa, lightly oil the pepper halves and place, cut-side down, on a baking sheet.
Step 2Stir the potatoes into the egg mixture, then tip into a shallow, lightly oiled ovenproof dish (ours was a deep 30cm dish). Cook in the oven with the peppers on the shelf above for 25-30 mins until the egg is set and starting to brown at the edges.
Step 3Meanwhile, tip the sweetcorn into a bowl with the onion and basil, and stir in the lime zest and juice. Peel the roasted peppers, dice the flesh, and add to make the salsa.
Step 4Serve half the frittata with half the salsa and half the rocket for two people. The remainder will keep chilled for up to three days. Serve cold or lightly warmed with the remaining salsa.