Vegan Crock Pot Barbecue Tofu Recipe
Making barbecue-style tofu in your crockpot or slow cooker is super easy. Just dump everything in the crock pot and you've got dinner when you come home.
- Serves: 6 persons
- 2containers tofu (firm or extra firm, pressed and chopped in to bite-sized or 1-inch chunks)
- 1 ½cups ketchup
- 1tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2tablespoons soy sauce (or tamari )
- 3tablespoons brown sugar
- 1tablespoon red pepper flakes (use a bit less if you're cooking for kids)
- ½teaspoon garlic powder
- Kosher salt (to taste)
- Freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
Step 1Gather the ingredients.
Step 2Press your tofu .
Step 3Once your tofu is well-pressed, chop it into bite-size chunks, and combine your tofu with the remaining ingredients in a crock pot or slow cooker.
Step 4Cover and cook on LOW for 5 to 6 hours.
Step 5Serve and enjoy!