Lobster Macaroni Salad
If you have access to affordable lobster this summer, try this lobster macaroni salad that makes a fabulous main dish salad for a warm summer night.
- Serves: 8 persons
- 8ounces elbow macaroni
- 1to 1 1/2 cups diced cooked lobster meat (about 8 to 12 ounces)
- 1cup thinly sliced celery
- ¾cup to 1 cup mayonnaise, to taste
- 2teaspoons lemon juice
- 1tablespoon snipped fresh chives, or chopped fresh dill
- Dash salt, or to taste
- Dash freshly ground black pepper, or to taste
- Lettuce leaves, for serving, optional
Step 1Cook the macaroni in boiling salted water following package directions. Drain and let cool thoroughly.
Step 2In a large bowl, combine the macaroni, lobster, and celery. Add 3/4 cup of mayonnaise, lemon juice, and the snipped chives or dill. Toss to blend. Add more mayonnaise to moisten, if desired.
Step 3Taste and add salt and freshly ground black pepper, as needed.
Step 4Cover and chill until serving time.
Step 5Just before serving time, line a serving bowl with lettuce. Spoon the lobster macaroni salad into the lettuce-lined bowl. *Three to four 1 pound lobsters should yield about 12 ounces of meat.