Green Salad with Posole and Creamy Cilantro-Lime Vinaigrette
Toss crisp lettuce and other veggies with a velvety vinaigrette made with fiber- and protein-rich creamy cannellini beans, chilies, lime juice, cilantro and hot-pepper sauce.
- Serves: 6 persons
- 1(15 ounce) can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- ¼cup canned, diced green chilies
- ¼cup fresh lime juice
- ¼cup hot water
- ¼cup chopped cilantro
- 1tablespoon olive oil
- 1teaspoon hot-pepper sauce
- 1clove garlic, halved
- 1pinch Kosher salt, to taste
- 1(9 ounce) bag romaine lettuce mix
- 1small head radicchio, cored and broken in bite-size pieces
- 36each grape tomatoes, halved
- 1(15 ounce) can posole (whole hominy), drained and rinsed
- 1cup shredded carrot
- 3each scallions (green onions), trimmed and sliced
- ⅓cup canned, sliced ripe olives
Step 1To make the dressing, puree all of the dressing ingredients in a blender or food processor until smooth.
Step 2Toss the romaine, radicchio, tomatoes, posole, carrot, scallions, and olives in a large salad bowl. Toss with the dressing and serve.