Cabbage Fat-Burning Soup
This tomato and cabbage soup was rumored, in days of old, to melt away those thighs.
- Serves: 15 persons
- 5carrots, chopped
- 3onions, chopped
- 2(16 ounce) cans whole peeled tomatoes, with liquid
- 1large head cabbage, chopped
- 1(1 ounce) envelope dry onion soup mix
- 1(15 ounce) can cut green beans, drained
- 2quarts tomato juice
- 2green bell peppers, diced
- 10stalks celery, chopped
- 1(14 ounce) can beef broth
Step 1Place carrots, onions, tomatoes, cabbage, green beans, peppers, and celery in a large pot. Add onion soup mix, tomato juice, beef broth, and enough water to cover vegetables. Simmer until vegetables are tender. May be stored in the refrigerator for several days.